True Love Is.....

 
The whole V-day thing has me thinking about all this L word stuff. Everywhere I look in the supermarket and Walmart today all I saw were teddy bears,  xoxo, love this, and true love that. So it got me to thinking what exactly is true love? It damn sure isn't a teddy bear that sings "I Will Always Love You" (even though he was cute ;)

What is true love? I'm not consulting Webster for this one, I'm gonna just speak straight from the heart. I believe true love comes from within. It's been said so many times, "You must love yourself before you can love someone else." That statement is so very true. Think about it. If your miserable and unhappy with you, how can you possibly love or be in love with someone else? You can't. You'd just make them unhappy. There's another old saying, "Misery loves company."

True love is always being there, it's unconditional, it's patient. True love never gives up. True love in my book means being true to oneself. It's like cracking yourself open like Humpty Dumpty and honestly evaluating yourself from top to bottom. The good and the bad, that's tough right? Well so is true love. Nobody ever said it would be easy, but I believe all good things are worth working hard or fighting for.

I'll end by saying, if your in a healthy and loving relationship cherish what you have, it's rare. Show and tell that person how much you love and appreciate them. If your in an unhealthy relationship that can't be repaired, free yourself. You deserve better! If your single, treat yourself to a nice vacation, a spa day, a new outfit, a bouquet of flowers, chocolates, a new electronic device (with very strong batteries! ;) or whatever will put a huge smile on your face! Hang out with your fav group of friends. Buy yourself something, don't sit around and wait for someone else to do it for you! Life is too short. Your significant other should add to your happiness, they shouldn't be the only source of your happiness. 

True+love=loving yourself truly